A while ago I described the modifications made to my Falcon. Since it now sounds
so good, I would like to share the complete modification procedure, so that fellow
falconeers can enjoy the same high quality sound from their F030s.
Warning! This sort of work should definitely be carried out by
a qualified technician, since it includes replacing of teeny-
weeny components. Besides, it could affect the warranty as well.
FALCON HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS
as described on p. App 1-24 in the Cubase Audio Falcon
- To remove the bass boost on the output:
- Change C58 and C59 from 100PF to 1000PF.
- Change R123 anr R130 from 10K to 15K.
- Change R59 and R68 from 100K to 4.7K.
- Change C95 and C90 from 0.033yF to 1K Resistor.
- To reduce the speaker amplifier gain:
- Add a 100K resistor between pin 2 of U21 (@R119) and AGND
- To reduce the Input Gain by 6dB:
(+) [This is where Sven Bornemarks mod differs: this line should
read: Change R66 and R87 from 100K to 1.8K. By doing so you
end up with a sensivity of approx. -10dB, same as most domestic HiFi
- Remove R56, R57, R90, R92, C21 and C81.
- Change R66 and R87 from 100K to 47K. (+) See note below!
- Add a 470pF NPO +/- 5% in parallel with R67.
- Add a 470pF NPO +/-5% in parallel with R88.
- Add a 100pF NPO +/-5% in parallel with R66.
- Add a 100pF NPO +/-5% in parallel with R87. (End of quote)
I've also had the Clock Buffer Modification carried out on my
computer, but I'm unable to say for sure if this mod has had any
significant effect. All works fine, however. Thanks to all
Falcon owners out there who showed interest in learning more about
these sonic improvements on our beloved Falcons!
Yours sincerely -Sven-
Sven Bornemark Musik
Lergodsv 79, S-238 40 OXIE
+46-40 54 54 54
email@example.com | 2:200/136.56 | 90:1102/116.56
Hot software from the cold north ( UUCP Dialup connection )